Here are the common questions that may arise about Daihinia, grouped in categories. Click on the question to open the answer.
operation FAQ (8)
Questions concerning the modes of usage and some operational details, useful for practitioners.
- What is WiFi Ad-Hoc Mode in principle?
- How many adapters do I need?
- What to consider when buying an adapter?
- Is Daihinia ready for IPv6?
- What type of network to tell when Win7/Vista asks upon connection?
- Do we need a homegroup for Daihinia?
- Some notes on 802.11h
- Multimedia/Gaming setting in the adapter properties, should I enable it?
howto FAQ (11)
A collection of 'howto' articles.
- How to set it up?
- How to connect my Daihinia mesh to the Internet?
- Can I easily deploy mesh nodes from a flash drive?
- How to enable multiple gateways?
- How do I connect a Daihinia mesh to an Access Point?
- Signal quality does not represent the actual speed, why?
- How to enable 802.11n mode for Ad-Hoc?
- How to change the password of the mesh that we created?
- How to make Windows remember the network password on client computers?
- How to set up my computer for use with a Daihinia mesh?
- How to install a WiFi adapter on a desktop computer?
troubleshooting FAQ (6)
How to solve problems that may arise in some cases.
- The "Windows Logo" warning doesn't seem to go away after I answer. What can I do?
- How to get WiFi working on Windows Server 2008?
- Clients are not getting IP parameters from a Windows 2008 Server DHCP, what to do?
- How to solve instability issues?
- It seems that multihop does not work, what to do?
- What could WiFi chip manufacturers do in order to improve performance with Daihinia mesh?